Olimex Links and Prices
Links: Olimex have upgraded their web site and many of the old graphics and document links no longer work. If you are missing links, navigate to the same product on the Olimex site, which is in a similar directory structure as ours, and you will find the correct links. We did try to advise Olimex of the coming problem years ago, and the easy fix, but we weren't able to convince them. By giving link names to specific file names (including versions), the problem will continue.
Prices: This Dontronics supplied Olimex manufactured board, is the same price (or less) than the Olimex Retail price.
Prices | Support
3-IN-1 FAST USB ARM JTAG, USB-TO-RS232 VIRTUAL PORT AND POWER SUPPLY 5-9-12VDC DEVICE (SUPPORTED BY OPENOCD OPEN SOURCE ARM DEBUGGER)
- First on market three-in-one USB JTAG debugger - offers JTAG + RS232 (full modem signals supported) port + power supply all in one compact device
- High speed USB 2.0 JTAG dongle interface, can be used with all ARM devices for programming and debugging.
- uses ARM's standard 2x10 pin JTAG connector
- supports ARM targets working in voltage range 1.65 – 5.0 V DC
- supports adaptive clocking RTCK
- software supported by OpenOCD (open source) debugger
- adds virtual RS232 port to your computer with all modem signals like: DTR, DSR, DCD, RTS, CTS, Rx, Tx
- can be used as power supply to your target board with 5V
USB source current is limited with resetable fuse at 300mA, at the different output voltage the maximum current is
different: 5V/200mA, note that this also depend on your USB host current capabilities, if other
USB devices are attached to your computer or if the laptop is running on batteries these figures may be different and
depend on your computer USB host.
- comes with CD with Windows installer for full featured and open source tools as alternative to the commercial ARM
development packages: GCC C compiler, openOCD debugger and Eclipse IDE.
- Works with IAR EW-ARM 5.50 or newer
- dimensions 50x40 mm (2x1.6") + 20 cm (8") JTAG cable + 30 cm (12") power supply cable
Q: Can I use ARM-USB-OCD-H with EW-ARM?
A: IAR supports GDB and works with ARM-USB-OCD-H
Q: I use Windows XP x64, how I can update the USB drivers?
A: FTDI have x64 drivers on their web, download them and use our ARM-USB-OCD PID: 0x0003, VID: 0x15BA to install the drivers.
Q: how to install ARM-USB-OCD-H to work with CrossWorks:
Use: "Generic FTD2232" target interface
1. Right click on a blank space in the targets window and select "New Target
Interface > Generic FT2232 Device".
2. Right click on the new target interface and select "Properties" - set the
Connected LED Inversion Mask 0x0000
Connected LED Mask = 0x0800
nSRST Inversion Mask = 0x0200
nSRST Mask = 0x0200
nTRST Inversion Mask = 0x0000
nTRST Mask = 0x0100
Output Pins = 0x0F1B
Output Value = 0x0D08
Running LED Inversion Mask = 0x0000
Running LED Mask = 0x0800
It is recommended to use LibUSB drivers instead of FTDI
check this image
In CrossWorks 1.7 there are Target interfaces for Olimex JTAGs, note that RTCK is not used with FT2232 design so your JTAG clock should not exceed 1/6 of your target MCU clock or the JTAG will lock up, start with JTAG divider 10 and decrease until you are able to debug to find your own value for your target.
Q: Can I debug high voltage targets with ARM-USB-OCD-H?
A: ARM-USB-OCD-H is not isolated, but you can use USB-ISO isolator device to protect your PC while debugging high voltage targets.
1) Do you need additional support on this product?
2) You can't find the information you need in the documentation?
3) You wish to know what is included in the package?
4) The download links on this product page aren't working correctly?
5) Any questions not covered in the above list?
Then please click here.
Back To Top